Arcserve UDP is based on a next generation unified architecture for both virtual and physical environments. Its unmatched breadth, ease of use, and Assured Recovery™ capabilities set it apart from other data protection solutions. This unified solution offers innovative features such as:
- Unified management console for all data protection needs
- True global deduplication
- Very flexible yet powerful data protection and availability plans
- Agent-less backup for VMware & Hyper-V (Windows & Linux VMs)
- Support for physical systems (Windows & Linux)
- Built-in replication & high availability
- Migration of disk images to tape, with granular restore from disk or tape
- On-premise, off-premise or in the cloud. Options include private and public clouds, as well as the Arcserve Cloud Service
Arcserve UDP is a new solution yet built on the foundation of very mature and proven technology. It combines backup, replication, high availability and true global deduplication technologies within one solution. Arcserve UDP is easy to use and does not require expensive professional services to offer a seamless solution from endpoint to remote archive site. Arcserve UDP helps organizations deliver on Recovery Time and Recovery Point Objectives (RPOs and RTOs) while helping to optimize their resources.
It delivers a high level of flexibility to design a data protection strategy that fits unique needs, unifying data protection technologies in one solution. Its unified management console can manage and deploy across multiple sites, deliver agent-less backups of VMware\Hyper-V VMs, supports Windows and Linux physical machines as well as tape migration of disk images. Traditional, overly complex backup policies are replaced by modern task-based data protection plans and deep integration with hypervisors to fully automate complex, repetitive tasks.